We are looking for someone to deliver enjoyable and productive training sessions for the Isle of Man Ladies squad.
Whether you’re an experienced coach or looking for experience, we need you to bring fresh ideas to midweek training sessions to develop areas required to improve performance.. You will need to have strong interpersonal skills to ensure those of different ages and abilities enjoy training sessions.
The coach would need to:
- attend and deliver training sessions to an agreed plan
- potentially attend Manx Hockey Development Committee (“MHDC”) meetings to update on progress
- attend the Cock of the North tournament in Wakefield in May 2018.
- It is not compulsory to attend matches at weekends to monitor players but the support would be appreciated.
- The coach would be expected to conduct selection of players to travel to tournaments and other matches.
Entry to other tournaments/arrangement of representative matches would be subject to approval of MHDC.
Required: England Hockey Coach Qualification (or Level 2 equivalent). DBS checks, first aid training and child protection training will need to be undertaken if not already held.
Location: We currently train on Monday evenings at the National Sports Centre, Douglas. 8.30pm -10.00pm.
This is not a paid position but support is normally provided to coaches travelling off island with Island representative teams.
Manx Hockey Association Head of Performance